1. I’ve not been much of a blogger lately because I have been revising SUGAR ON SNOW, my Fall 2010 middle grade novel with Walker Books. And revising and revising and revising, pretty much into the wee hours of every morning for a few weeks. But last night right around midnight, I sent SUGAR ON SNOW back to my editor. I love that about email – you don’t have to wait until someone is awake and at work. And so now, I am stretching and looking around, remembering that I have another book I’m drafting. And a blog. It’s nice to see you all.
2. I’m finally reading GRACELING by Kristin Cashore. Now I see what all the fuss has been about.
3. Tomorrow, I’ll be in Rochester for the Rochester Children’s Book Festival. I LOVE this festival & hope to see you there if you’re in the area. The full list of authors participating is here, and it includes many favorites and friends – yay!
4. THE BRILLIANT FALL OF GIANNA Z. got a Gold Star Award from TeensReadToo this week. This means a lot to me, as I love this review site for kids. Thank you!!
5. I really only had four, and I have to go finish getting ready for school now. Have a great weekend & I hope to see some of you in Rochester tomorrow!