October is National Reading Group Month, an initiative of the Women’s National Book Association. Whether you’re a long time book club fan or just wondering if one might be for you, here are five ideas for how to celebrate!
1. Attend a National Reading Group Month event in a city near you – the signature event is in Nashville, but there’s plenty going on from coast to coast. You can check out Book Club Girl’s blog for a fantastic list.
2. Are you already in a book club? Blog about your book group and share the link with Boston Bibliophile, who’s putting together a National Reading Month roundup here.
3. Win books for your mother-daughter book club or school/library book group! Have you entered THE BRILLIANT FALL OF GIANNA Z. book club giveaway yet? You can click here for all the details.
4. Want to promote reading groups and literature circles at your child’s school? Head to your favorite indie bookstore and purchase five copies of a great MG or YA title to donate to your child’s classroom or library.
5. What’s your favorite book to recommend as a book club selection? You get to choose three – one for adults, one for teens, and one for middle grade readers. Leave your top choices in comments, and I’ll include them in a roundup past later this month!