1. Thank you so much to everyone who answered my plea for advice for a plunge-in sort of writer working on a project that demands an outline. The fact that I can post a note asking for help here and have so many wise and wonderful writers respond with just the kinds of encouragement and ideas I needed…well, that’s just awesome. Thank you. And if anyone else is looking for advice about outlining, click here to get to the post – then skip my ramblings and proceed to the wise, wonderful comments.
2. Based on #1, I have taken the plunge and downloaded Scrivener, a writing/organizing/drafting program for Mac people. As much as I feel a little overwhelmed about learning a new software program right now, the arguments were there. I like technology. I am a Mac girl. And
3. Speaking of ARCs, if you’d like to be entered to win an ARC of my upcoming middle grade novel, THE BRILLIANT FALL OF GIANNA Z, you still have time to click here and leave a comment telling me what kind of tree you’d be if you were a tree. It’s fun, really… Deadline is 11pm EST.
4. My list of Authors Who Skype with Book Clubs has grown by leaps & bounds this week and somehow ended up with a link on a librarians’ listserv. I’ve gotten a handful of notes from librarians in different states saying they’re excited to help their reading groups connect with authors for book discussions, so I’m tickled to know that folks are finding the resource to be helpful. If you’d like to check out the list, it’s here, along with a link to some helpful information about Skype visits.
5. Including today, I have eight regular teaching days left, and then eight days of final exams, and then it is SUMMER! Not that I’m keeping track or anything…but I’m kind of excited to have more time for bike riding and hiking and reading and writing and Scrivenering. What are you most looking forward to this summer?