October must be contest month in the kidlit blogsophere because I can’t remember a time when I’ve seen so many offerings. Cool ideas, too — here’s a roundup for those of you with lottery dreams…
Being a teacher, I guess I’m especially partial to Jama Rattigan’s Apple-for-the-Teacher contest over at her blog, Alphabet Soup. She’s offering up a copy of Sarah Miller’s MISS SPITFIRE, which is amazing, and the APPLE COOKBOOK, which makes me hungry just looking at it.
Jo Knowles (
) is having a Figure-Out-My-Contest-Contest at her LJ. Come up with the perfect contest for Jo, and you could win a signed first edition of LESSONS FROM A DEAD GIRL.
Curtis Brown agent Nathan Bransford has a Best First Paragraph Contest running on his blog, with a Thursday night deadline. He’s offering manuscript and query critiques as prizes. (Even if you’re not at that stage in your career, it’s worth heading over to check out some of the entries!)
Heather Brewer, author of EIGHTH GRADE BITES, is giving away 13 of her extra-special vampire hoodies for Halloween. She still has a few left, so check out her blog, Bleeding Ink, to enter.
I’m sure I haven’t listed them all, so if you have a contest running, too, feel free to post a link in the comments section.
And finally, have you seen the contests popping up with the Robert’s Snow: For Cancer’s Cure illustrator interviews? A number of the amazing illustrators who donated snowflakes for the auction have also signed books and prints as contest prizes to help draw traffic to the auction site. Kris over at Paradise Found, has compiled all of the Robert’s Snow contest links on her blog.
Be sure to check out this week’s illustrator features, too!
Monday, October 22
- Mark Teague at The Miss Rumphius Effect
- Sharon Vargo at Finding Wonderland
- Christopher Demarest at Writing and Ruminating
- Rose Mary Berlin at Charlotte’s Library
- David Macaulay at Here in the Bonny Glen
Tuesday, October 23
- Carin Berger at Chasing Ray
- Marion Eldridge at Chicken Spaghetti
- Sophie Blackall at not your mother’s bookclub
- Erik Brooks at Bildungsroman
- Brian Lies at Greetings from Nowhere
Wednesday, October 24
- Elisa Kleven at Rozzie Land
- Consie Powell at Becky’s Book Reviews
- Jimmy Pickering at Shaken & Stirred
- Frank Dormer at What Adrienne Thinks About That
- Sheila Bailey at Lizjonesbooks
Thursday, October 25
- Julia Denos at Interactive Reader
- Rebecca Doughty at A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy
- Brian Floca at A Fuse #8 Production
- Margaret Chodos-Irvine at readergirlz
Friday, October 26
- David Ezra Stein at HipWriterMama
- Juli Kangas at Sam Riddleburger’s blog
- Ginger Nielson at Miss O’s School Library
- Margot Apple at Jo’s Journal
Saturday, October 27
- Julie Fromme Fortenberry at Your Neighborhood Librarian
- Sarah Dillard at The Silver Lining
- John Hassett at cynthialord’s Journal
- Abigail Marble at Please Come Flying
Sunday, October 28